Kunal Pandya Kunal Pandya Companies
from the CEO of NCrypted Technologies, co-founder of MetroJoint.com Pvt. Ltd. and lead marketing consultant of Chanakyas Consulting  
 

Origin of Gods

  Who is god? Where is god? Is there a god anyway?

Some people say that if you believe in ghost, you got to believe in god or vice-versa. Because if there is some negative power, there has to be a positive power; and there is no meaning of a positive power if there is nothing negative in this world. 'The balance of power' law. Well, but this is not why I am writing this article. I have a question - is there anything like a god or ghost anyway? I'm not asking if one of them exist, I'm questioning the existence of both of these figures or entities or powers or anything as such.

This doesn't mean I don't believe in god. I do but I still don't know if he (or she) exists! My belief in god has one of the following reasons:

1) Since birth I'm being told to believe in god and to love him or to be afraid of him
2) Although my society has been believing in god, I have done my own 'research' and that's why I believe in god and believe that he exists! May be out of faith or due to a hidden need and greed of asking for a helping hand when in trouble!

Now, remember I didn't write that I don't believe in god. I wrote that I have a question about his existence ('his' because there are very few female goddesses we're aware of and even if there is one, she is a 'sub-ordinate' of a higher authority who's a 'he'). I am sure that my thinking is no different here than almost 80% of the young world population. Young population because today only the yough questions everything surrounding them including god. Believing in one that doesn't exist is still a strong belief! We believe in so many things that don't exist; which doesn't mean that the belief is weak! This is not about the belief, this is about existence. We believe in aliens that according to science itself does not exist.

All religions have different conceptions of God

The Abrahamic conceptions of God include the Trinitarian view of Christians, the Kabbalistic definition of Jewish mysticism, and the Islamic concept of God. The Dharmic religions differ in their view of the divine: views of God in Hinduism vary by region, sect, and caste; the view of God in Buddhism is almost non-theist. Conceptions of God held by individual believers vary so widely that there is no clear consensus on the nature of God.

So when was the very first 'god' born? Some websites on the internet claim that there is no beginning for the god. A general question would go as to what is the purpose of a god, what's the cause? Some articles state that everything that has a beginning has a cause and since there is no beginning for the god, he does not require any cause. Since the god is not bound by the time dimension that he created. Even time has a beginning but not the god himself.

Now, when we think of god, we think of a character that is almost human-alike. Some religions, therefore, differentiated themselves from the others and vandalized on 'picturization' of their god and started worshiping materials or objects such as fire or mosques etc. So, if the god is the ultimate power, the one who controls the entire universe, should necessarily be a human-like figure? And if he controls the entire universe, where does he himself live? Does he have two legs, two arms, one nose, two eyes, two ears, one heart, two kidneys like us humans? Lord Vishnu, on the contrary, one of the 3 founding lords of the universe - according to Hinduism, has 4 arms; Lord Brahma has 3 heads; Ravana, a negative figure in the Ramayana, the 'Anti-Christ' had 11 heads! Now, did he really had 11 heads, that is if he existed at all, or it took lord Ram some kind of 11 efforts to actually remove him from this earth! It will be impossible now to know the fact as to was it really a fact or fiction. We can only use our imaginative power and logic to figure this out and perhaps that is what religions world-wide have been doing.

Whenever we think of aliens, we think of creatures that mimic living beings of the earth. The Hollywood blockbuster 'Avatar' resembles a Sanskrit meaning which means 'incarnation' or a 're-birth' as according to Hindu belief, there is a life after death and there are chances of you being re-born as a human. This is the same belief why the ancient Egyptians built Mummies. Interestingly, our imagination is limited to the world which we know. An ant can not think of a 3D world since it can only see everything in 2D. The poor ant can not differentiate between an elephant and a human using its eyes as it sees everything in just 2 dimensions. For the ant, a 3D view is unimaginative (assuming an ant can imagine something anyway)! Similarly, for us everything is in 4D (4th dimension being the space or time). Our belief is that we are the superior creature that has ever been into existence. Now, we had a beginning so we must have a cause and a creator. So, we gave it a name - the GOD. And since we are the supreme creature the god has ever created, we visualized the 'god' to be like just one of us. Now, if the god looked just like us, how would we differentiate him? So, some some religions or believer-groups differentiated the god with multiple hands or heads or with illusionist or mythical powers which normal humans do not have. So our imagination is limited. We think what we know is all there ever is but what we forget is that the universe is almost end-less!

Why am I thinking like it is a constructive belief?

Because we see nobody in today's over 6 billion people of this earth, no one who has such mythical powers. All those who claim to have such lordship are fake gurus, we all are aware of that. So, I find it somewhat hard to believe if a personality like the god actually walked on this earth at any point of time in past. Because if there was a god when the total population of the world was lesser than the population of the state of Bihar of today's India, then there is a much more requirement of the god in today's times when there is much more poverty, much more crime, much more starvation, much more chaos, much more population than there ever existed on this earth! So, we have so much of devil already around us and no show of god! Because, if the god had to be incarnated into a human being some thousands of years ago in form of Krishna, Rama (or Ram), Jesus Christ, Buddha, Allah, Prophet Mohammad, Hanuman, Parshurama, Mahavira etc. just to eliminate a couple of devils or to enlighten the world when the population was not even 1% of what it is today, well there is a 100% more demand today then for a god to exist! If this is so well planned by the god and if he incarnated himself as Buddha, where is he today? Was it like there were lesser hardship to be done as Buddha or even as Krishna or Christ compared to a divine avatar of today would have had to?

If the lord is the supreme being, as they say, of everything and everybody, alive or dead - I have a few historical questions:

1) Why could Jesus Christ not save himself?
2) Why did he got re-born just for a day or two after he 'officially' died?
3) Why did he die anyway if he was a god-son?
4) Why did Buddha's own disciples betray him if he was a god himself?
5) Why did Buddha had to beg for a land to live in front of the kings if he was the god himself?
6) Why did it take years for Buddha to get enlightened?
7) What kind of enlightenment did he get if half of his disciples were against him during the last days of his life?
8) Why did Ram questioned his wife Sita on her character after he rescued her himself from Ravana?
9) What pleasure did Krishna got from indulging cousins into a war against each other and not trying to stop it rather engage into it himself?
10) Why did Prophet Mohammad run from Mekka to Madina and vice-versa from the Jews to save himself? If he was a god-son, why did not he use some powers here?
11) Why does the Prophet call everyone a 'Kafir' (the undesired one) who is not a 'Muslim'? Isn't this a way to promote one's own community and a negative way of diminishing all other communities? Isn't this a way of differentiating your followers from the others?
12) What religion was the Prophet's mother and/or father following? I believe the Prophet was a Jew when he was born? Why did he betray his own religion and started a new community? What was the purpose? Because some Jews tried to kill him. So, why are there billions of Muslims following him today? Are all the Jews trying to kill them today? What is the 'purpose' of being a Muslim? (The same questions can be asked to Jesus Christ)
13) Why do Sikhs have full beard, mustache and wear turbans? Isn't this a way of differentiating yourself from the other religious groups or communities?

If god means 'peace', Krishna is not a god! And if god means 'power', all other gods are not gods or even god-sons!

And all other gods here include Jesus Christ, Allah or Prophet Mohammad, Buddha, Mahavir Swami and all the rest of them. Krishna never spoke of peace and the rest of the gods listed here never spoke of power or even if they did, they could not showcase power themselves! So, what are we to believe here?

Saibaba of Shirdi (India), a well known saint, famously declared 'sabka malik ek' (There is only one god - the owner of everybody!). Fine enough. But, then who is that god? Saibaba did not answer that question very clearly. There is only one god - is a good philosophy for peace. Because, otherwise all the Jihadis (every strong and blind believer into one's religion is a 'Jihadi') will start fighting against each other and will try to prove their own religion and their 'own' gods as the supreme ones! This is in our human nature. My article on 'Who am I' tries to explain this human nature and behavior. It is 'my' religion. It is 'my' god. Now, did that god ever tell you that you are 'his'? No - if you actually ask yourself. But, still you think that your god saves you even though you have never heard him say that to you! You want to be saved - that's the fact. You are so pathetically handicapped that you need some 'divine' to save you. Why, divine? Because every other living being is your 'enemy'. You are afraid of every other human or even small creatures. That is why you need someone who is not from this race to save you from these pain and suffering.

If there was no suffering, there would have been no word like 'god' in our dictionary

How many times do you remember god when you are all bliss and all happy? Now, there is an exception to this. There are groups of people who worship Allah 5 times a day; there are groups of people who do 'pooja' and offer their prayers and seek blessings from the lord or 'bhagavan' daily morning, afternoon, evening and night.  But, are these people really happy, satisfied? Don't they want something? Well, they all are greedy. They all want 'moksha'. They all want to go to 'heaven'. It is not a self-less prayer that they are offering, there is some requirement, there is a purpose, there is a cause. Now, 'god' only knows what is so much there in heaven that is not on this earth. Well, even if there is some heaven, these regular worshipers of god are still 'greedy'. They are not honest to the others and they are not honest to themselves even. These over-atheist people hate us, they hate this earth and that is why they want to go to heaven. They think that this human birth is a sin and they want to be relieved!

Jains have got it all wrong about the definition of god in today's modern age!

A typical Jain Sadhvi (Swami) thinks that by switching off the lights, they will kill some creature! So, they will not switch it off themselves. But, if their nephews switch it off, it's okay for them. They will let their nephews do this sinful activity of switching off or on the lights but they will not do it themselves. They will give pain to their own body even if they are lying in cold but they will not turn off the air conditioner themselves. Why? By doing so, they will kill some living being! This Jain Sadhvi is selfish. She will let her nephew do this sin but she will not do it herself. Now, why is she doing this? She wants to go to the heaven! Now, where is this heaven, if you ask her, she will not know. If you ask her where is her god, she will tell you not to question the gods!

What a politically selfish and mindless answer!

Why did lord Krishna steal clothes of gopis? What is the message? What is the 'krida' here? The god himself flirted with girls, why are we condemning such guys today if they flirt with girls? They are only following the divine tradition!

NO? So, are we supposed to do what the god does or are we not supposed to do what the god does? We should follow the god only from what he says or also from what he does? Preaching is easy, following it is difficult. Lord Buddha could not follow what he himself preached. Lord Mahavira (founder of the Jainism) did not know that there are Bacteria in curd (well that is why it became curd from milk anyway) otherwise he could have withdrew the usage of curd in his holy scripts. The Jains do not eat potatoes, why? Because since the potatoes grow on the surface of the land, there are smaller species around it. Mindless logic for today's dudes to be able to follow this. Lord Mahavira did not live in the world of electricity otherwise every second he could be killing some thousands of species! This way, lord Mahavira was a sinner himself! He breathed and killed millions of bacteria and viruses when during his tenure, so how could he ever would have landed into heaven? He himself was wrong and so are his followers today! If this is your thinking process, you will never land up into any heaven, if there is one in the first hand!

So pity and so sad, isn't it! All you have been following your life long turns out to be a misinterpreted religious belief one day!

Modern age cults like Swaminarayan and ISKCON are faking it all up!

There is a community in India named Swaminarayan - they build gigantic temples around the world. There is one such big temple in London and a newly constructed one in New Delhi. They call it the 2nd Taj Mahal! Interesting enough, the spiritual or religious belief of this community is as weak and mindless as any other religion in the world and if you ask me, perhaps more pathetic than the others. In all their temples, they have two separate sections for male and female. Men are in front and female section is generally far away, they can barely see the Swamijis offering prayers to the deities and their gurus. Now, why is there such type of differentiated arrangement? Because, lord Swaminarayana did forbid their followers (who are Swamijis) from even seeing a woman. Now, what will happen if they see a woman, forget touching, just by seeing a woman? They will get aroused! Now, there is a problem if they get aroused. It is clear that they look at every woman from the sexual point of view. Because if they look at them as their mothers or sisters, they will not get aroused just by seeing them, right? So, their teaching is simple. Every woman is there for lust. You look at a woman and you get aroused but since you don't have a woman partner around you, how will you satisfy or fulfill your sexual desires? It is a sin, so let the women stand far away from the main temple!

What a pathetic psychology!

Our quest for the origin of god will continue...

 

posted on : Tuesday September 21st, 2010  Under:Religion
Tags : god, gods, origin god, krishna, buddha, christ, prophet, mohammad, muslim, hindu, swaminarayan, jain, mahavira,


Bookmark and Share

20  Comments

 
This is perhaps one of the best articles on 'who is god' philosophy that I have come across on the internet. Way too deep thinking into the human mindset! Excellent work.
 

posted by : Dave Jones
                     Tuesday September 21st, 2010


 
This is an eye opener man! You have questioned some of the way too old traditions and beliefs in such a way that is set to jeopardize any logic that they may have in defense. I think there is nothing like god now, its all like a fancy harry potter fantasy fiction theory that our ancient authors have created out of their minds!
 

posted by : Patrick Monis
                     Tuesday September 21st, 2010


 
You are a devil urself writing such article against all religions! U do not believe in god, ok but let all other believe in it. Just how could u write such words against lord mahavira? He was a divine being and he blessed all us human beings and that is the reason we r living today - our 'cause' is to serve the lord and not to question him.
 

posted by : Rina Jain
                     Tuesday September 21st, 2010


 
Dear human Soul,

If you are,God is. If you were not,there would be no need to ask this question which is of existential nature. From where does the question come? It comes from within,from Existence itself . And Existence is nothing but your Self in a magnified form. Peep there,and you will find the answer.
In primitive civilisations,the ghos... more
 

posted by : Dr Satish K Kapoor
                     Tuesday September 21st, 2010


 
Dear Kunal,


Thanks for your email, and sending your blogged article. I do not possess a firm grip on the penmanship as you do, so literary expressions may be missing from here. I may not be able to demonstrate language skills however, am confident that my words would definitely leave some effective imprints upon the reader if these are read without preconceived ideas or an specific... more
 

posted by : Arif Hakim
                     Wednesday September 22nd, 2010


 
Hey Kunal! Interesting points raised, but I do not concur! I am not well-read on other religions but I can speak for Hinduism. I disagree when you say that Krishna never spoke of peace. He always did! But.. He also maintained that if you are pushed to the corner (like the Pandavas were), you got to get up and put up a fight. Had the Kauravas had their way, it would mean that you are letting evil h... more
 

posted by : Arati
                     Saturday September 25th, 2010


 
HI kunal
i read Origin of gods
so nice
i like
 

posted by : BHAUTIK GAJERA
                     Friday October 1st, 2010


 
Gulam Mohd Qadri
If you want to know the address of a person do not ask from a person who themself are ignorance .To find God you need not require to ask any one seek and you will find but seek with clean heart , can you eat with your dirty hands never , So first purify yourself give up lust , anger, jeolousy, hatred , and love and serve man kind . As you yourselve admit that you believe in Go... more
 

posted by : Gulam Mohd Qadri
                     Thursday November 4th, 2010


 
@ Rina Jain - Thanks. You carry on serving your lord even without trying to actually know who he is. But don't tell me to do so as well.

@ Others - You will have thousands of answers to the question in subject here - WHO IS GOD, WHERE IS GOD, WHAT IS HIS ORIGIN, DOES GOD EXIST. But if you stop thinking from religious, optimistic, divine, motivational and philosophical point of view, you w... more
 

posted by : Kunal Pandya
                     Thursday November 4th, 2010


 
@ Arati - I respect your opinion. What you've written is so true. But when you say Kauravas win was prevented by Krishna so that evil does not win over the good; but then is it true always? Pandavas won because they had Krishna beside them 'physically'. How many Pandavas among us today have Krishna to support? How many innocents die in bomb blasts today? How many innocents died in 9/11 NYC and 23 ... more
 

posted by : Kunal Pandya
                     Thursday November 4th, 2010


 
> Many athest like you argue about jainism saying that if eating unfiltered water, groundroots vegetables or non-veg is a sin as it has living organism which gets killed and its violence then even by taking breath lots of bacteria gets killed then ain't it is violence. True - but look at it this way - bacteria gets killed while taking breath is not in our hand, but whetehr to eat non-veg/groundroo... more
 

posted by : Rinsy
                     Monday October 22nd, 2012


 
You are a devil. What the hell you wrote about Lord Mahavira. Do you know anything? And who told you that usage of curds & milk are not withdrew in Jainism? With your half knowledge & half information you develop your own illogical perception & write anything about any faith. What you know about Jainism of Digambar tradition? Just that you read some articles and wikipedia you think you know about ... more
 

posted by : Rinsy
                     Monday October 22nd, 2012


 
> About Jain Sadhvi's hypocrisy - I don't know where you noticed that but look at it this way - if a few students studying at one of the most well-known and best school fails in exam then is it justify to blame school & teachers & say that how come this school & its teachers are best in education if their students fail. Well, the school has best of education and teachers teaches perfectly but if s... more
 

posted by : Rinsy
                     Monday October 22nd, 2012


 
> potatoes & all groundroot vegetables contains tiny living organism (which cannot be viewed with even microscope) on every part of it and if you find it midless logic its your problem. Even scientist has approved that it contains living organism
 

posted by : Rinsy
                     Monday October 22nd, 2012


 
> You said Lord Mahavira killed millions of bacterias and viruses when during his tenure,- do you know that all Tirthankara has Audarik Body which has no bacteria & they don't have to go urine and latrine like us common people. You might not be knowing what audarik body is but if you know then you will again find it mindless logic. Whatever you think but its true whether u believe or not. If you a... more
 

posted by : Rinsy
                     Monday October 22nd, 2012


 
> Many jains eat groundroots because they can't control their desire but atleast they believe that it is sin to eat it and it contains many small organisms and respect those who don't eat it thought they eat themselves and this is what makes jains different from others. problem then arise that people who don't follow faith but just because they don't have faith in particular religion they try to p... more
 

posted by : Rinsy
                     Monday October 22nd, 2012


 
> Usage of milk & curd are allowed - but have you read somewhere about the maryada of its usage & how to use it to avoid any form of violence. And have you heard about "Dhwidal" that is formed through curd
 

posted by : Rinsy
                     Monday October 22nd, 2012


 
Hi i’d like to try and answer some of your questions though from a biblical point of view. You can read the gospel of John to get an overview of the life and reason for Jesus coming and also to be able to understand the answers to the questions. Reading the whole bible will also be good for you if you truly want to understand or get to know God (god of the Israelites, Jesus).

1.Why coul... more
 

posted by : george
                     Wednesday December 31st, 2014


 
Kunal,

Being a Brahman(Not Brahmin!!) you should know that you need to find SadGuru for the answers. Human intelligence/wisdom has materialistic limitation, it always seeks reason for everything with so much limited power of senses.

If you want to feel divine you have to go to someone who has already achieved it.

I pray you find one soon in this life.

God Bless... more
 

posted by : viprasakha
                     Monday February 15th, 2016


 
Who is god?
I don't know how to explain but do know that you can get best idea about philosophy related to god at book title: Absolute Tao,Osho
http://www.osho.com/iosho/library/the-books

Free free free online.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Taoism
This might give some idea.
 

posted by : PK Purohit
                     Sunday October 16th, 2016


   
  Your Name :
  Your Email Address :
  Your URL :
  Comment :
  Enter the letters in the image below
          
    
 

2016 Archive

2011 Archive

2008 Archive